Sunday, August 24, 2008

What's going on

We are busy getting ready for the Gifford family reunion. We are throwing it this year and need to come up with games, races, meals for 400+ people, dances, meetings, and all sorts of other stuff. We have been planning it for a year and will be going to the Zion property next weekend to finally have it be over YAY!! We're gonna have so much fun, I can't wait. I am in charge of the pie eating contest, which was my idea. I will have some funny footage for you when I get back.

When we come back I have 2 parties to do with Lia Sophia, which I love. John and I are starting a very strict diet/exercise program to get toned, buff, and healthy. He is really excited which makes me really excited because I always have to force him to do things like this. I can't wait to actually have him to do this with and hopefully get down to my pre-Paige weight or less :) I only have 12 lbs to go so that won't be too hard if we do it together. I will keep you all informed on our progress. If anyone wants to join in our journey, let me know. I think that would be real fun. I know Tara is going to be doing the same thing soon too so we can get together and exercise sometimes.

My friend Sarah Green has got a job as a teacher's aide and we never see her anymore and we really miss her. Paige misses Jessica and Anna too, but I am sure when things calm down from just starting school we'll be seeing them again. If you're reading this WE MISS YOU GUYS :) and hope all is going well.

Paige is doing great in soccer and as soon as I find my camera will post the pictures I have of her playing. they're SUPER cute. She really gets in there to get the ball. Next year will be real fun because she'll be bigger and not so afraid of the other taller girls. They are much taller than her and I would be scared too.

Katie is going to be starting gymnastics again. she has been off for 2 months.. They didn't have her class in the summer. We were all upset about that and they wouldn't let me put her in the higher class, although they let Paige when she was Katie's age. OH WELL! She is talking so great now. She puts many words together and loves to play make believe with her sister. She loves Paige dearly and they do sometime get along. (LOL)

Oh yeah, I have like 4 jobs now. I am a independent contractor (IC) for some companies with my parents and do mystery shopping and some merchandising. I am an IC for Lia Sophia. I am also starting to babysitt a little girl in our neighborhood, which will bring in some extra $$ and best of all the girls will have a friend to play with. I am really excited about all of these things and hope I make enough to buy clothes and the little extras every woman needs (pedicures, lunches, haircuts, and maybe nails).


John is still a truss salesman and is working really, really hard to sell in this economy. I appreciate everything he does for the family. If he's not working at work, he's working at home. If he's not working at home, he's doing something for the family. He never has a day off. I want to do something special for him for our 5 year anniversary, which is next month, but our funds are short so I might just make his favorite meal and get a sitter for the kids and have a movie night together. Any ideas of what I can do for REAL cheap, let me know.


Well there's an update of what's happening hope you all didn't get too bored :) BTW I hope that the little boy, Ashton I think, gets better. He got hit by a car and is in a coma. His family had a yard sale to raise money for his hospital bill, that we donated some stuff to, and I hope they made a lot for him.

No comments: