Yesterday My Girl Scout troop had their investiture/bridging ceremony. Well only Paige and Abby showed up so we got all of the goodies and had all the fun. The girls did a cute Flag Ceremony to begin with. I had the word written on paper taped to the side of the pot so the girls had their heads poked into the pot when they said their lines. LOL! Then we went and bridged on the bridge. The girls said, "Twist me turn me show me the elf, I looked in the water and saw...Myself!" It's from the Brownie story. Then we rededicated them into Girl Scout Brownies with the promise. Then we ate yummy food from Pastry Pub. I had such a wonderful time. You can tell on the girls' faces they had fun and were super excited to get their new uniforms. Another special moment was when Abby gave me a Leader pin and Anna thanking me for all I did this year. It meant so much to me. I really love it. Thank you :)


3 comments:
That was so heart moving...made me cry....HAPPY TEARS!!!!Great idea with the actual bridge. The other girls missed a real nice ceremony!
Oh man, I started tearing up when I read it. you're such a good mom. So are they brownies now? and the were Daisies, right? Too bad there was only the 2 girls, how many are actually IN the troop?
Originally I had 11 in the troop then it was down to 5 and then 3 were just coming. I thought my new co-leader was coming with her girl,but she didn't come. Oh well, Paige and Abby were the only ones to do all of the work necessary. Yes they are Brownies now :)
Post a Comment