OK, so my poor daughter had a few weeks there where I felt so bad for her. She got sick on a Tues. night and had a fever of 103.6. The fever wound up lasting for four days. I thought she had the stomach flu because #1 she wouldn't eat #2 she said her tummy hurt and #3 she threw up. so finally Thurs. night she still had a fever and I knew it wasn't the stomach flu. I took her to insta care where they looked her over and found out she had strep and an ear infection and another red ear. They gave her a penicillin shot (ouch) and sent her on her way. Well the next Tuesday she was doing so much better I took her to gymnastics. Afterward I had to run to wally world and she wouldn't walk. Well, she didn't wear socks so I thought she had a blister. When we got to the car she wouldn't even put pressure on her foot. So I looked and about 2 weeks prior she had jumped off the stool in the bathroom onto a plastic ring that broke into a bunch of pieces. Well her foot had a huge pussy thing on it and was all purple around it. I called up Christine and she thankfully watched Paige and Joey so I could take her to the night clinic at my pediatricians. Of course, they had some PA there that I didn't know. He looked at her foot, went and got some supplies, and then, without numbing stuff, cut off the pussy part and stuck tweezers up her foot about 1/4 (or more) of an inch. She was screaming so bad I even felt the thing in her foot. She was so brave and took it. The doctor FINALLY stopped and said the feeling of an object went away once he took off the top part (don't get me started!!!). SO she got put on antibiotics again and I took her to the store to pick out WHATEVER she wanted. It could have cost 1 million dollars, but I would buy it for her for what she went through.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Katie's bad luck
OK, so my poor daughter had a few weeks there where I felt so bad for her. She got sick on a Tues. night and had a fever of 103.6. The fever wound up lasting for four days. I thought she had the stomach flu because #1 she wouldn't eat #2 she said her tummy hurt and #3 she threw up. so finally Thurs. night she still had a fever and I knew it wasn't the stomach flu. I took her to insta care where they looked her over and found out she had strep and an ear infection and another red ear. They gave her a penicillin shot (ouch) and sent her on her way. Well the next Tuesday she was doing so much better I took her to gymnastics. Afterward I had to run to wally world and she wouldn't walk. Well, she didn't wear socks so I thought she had a blister. When we got to the car she wouldn't even put pressure on her foot. So I looked and about 2 weeks prior she had jumped off the stool in the bathroom onto a plastic ring that broke into a bunch of pieces. Well her foot had a huge pussy thing on it and was all purple around it. I called up Christine and she thankfully watched Paige and Joey so I could take her to the night clinic at my pediatricians. Of course, they had some PA there that I didn't know. He looked at her foot, went and got some supplies, and then, without numbing stuff, cut off the pussy part and stuck tweezers up her foot about 1/4 (or more) of an inch. She was screaming so bad I even felt the thing in her foot. She was so brave and took it. The doctor FINALLY stopped and said the feeling of an object went away once he took off the top part (don't get me started!!!). SO she got put on antibiotics again and I took her to the store to pick out WHATEVER she wanted. It could have cost 1 million dollars, but I would buy it for her for what she went through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That looks like it would hurt. How does her foot look now?
Post a Comment