Friday, June 25, 2010

1st vacation of the year

For our first vacation we went to Capitol Reef National Park. We had tons of fun being with family. On Thursday we left. It took 4 hrs to get to the campsite that was available. Friday, we went into the Fruita campground. They have a beautiful meadow that you can have a pic nic . The kids played in a river there and, of course, we didn't bring changes of clothes. So we went back to camp and was not able to "see the sights". Sat., we went to Goblin Valley. It was a dust bowl and the wind was somethin' fierce. But the rock formations were fun to play in for about 10 minutes. Sunday we rested and packed up to go home. John and I went the "long way". And I must say it was GORGEOUS!! I would love to go again to see that beautiful country. My next vacation I would like to go hiking at Escalante. It was SO beautiful there. OH! Yeah! Susan had the kids have a boat race and a critter race. Paige's boat won and her one legged grasshopper also won but it was a close one with Jayden, Neveah, and Katie's caterpillars coming in one after the other. John Wyatt did so great. He is by far our easiest kid to camp with :)

No comments: