Tuesday, February 16, 2010

calling all tips!!

I am in desperate need of some tips from those of you whose house is clean. Tell me how do you do it?? I have piles of laundry, piles of trash, piles of junk, clutter, dishes, and whatever else you can think of. How do you find the time to do it all with kids and do the scrubbing? Help, Help, Help!! I know having a newborn adds to the mix, but seriously I feel like I am losing the battle. Is there a routine involved? If so, what is your routine? I think I just need to get up at 5am and stay up till 12 am to get things done.

4 comments:

J & M Shumate Family said...

I have been doing tons better at keeping the house clean. I have enlisted the kids' help. I seriouly pretend that I am a drill sargent and I call out orders for the kids. They have to "report for duty." Their big help has made all the difference. Jacob folds socks and puts away clothes for me. Matthew takes things to the trash and organizes toys. It makes all the difference. They earn stickers for helping too and when their sticker chart is full they can earn a new Star Wars action figure...wow! The trick to keeping caught up on your laundry is to do it every single day. 2 loads of laundry a day is way easier to tackle than 10 all at once. (BTW, I only have 3 kids...so I am definitely not the expert.) Good Luck. Your kids are adorable. Paige is beautiful. I love the pictures you took of her! They grow up too fast....

Anna said...

Have you ever heard of FlyLady?? You know my house isn't super clean, but when it is it's because of things I learned from FlyLady. These tips include a routine, and taking it on in little pieces. She starts by making you shine your sink! Because when one area is pretty and clean, you want more to join it. I also totally agree on making the kids help. It's a lot more work upfront to get my kids to pitch in, but eventually it will mean less work! Here's the webaddress for the FlyLady. Good luck! http://www.flylady.net/

MuffinBugs of St. George said...

I honestly believe in having the kids help. At the very least, making them clean their own rooms (for the older ones) and pick up their toys. It would also help if they were only allowed to wear one outfit a day. Cherie does Flylady, but she does 15 minutes of cleaning like 2wice a day or something, I don't think that will work for you!

Smith Family said...

I also think that fly lady works realy well.I would get the book though. The website is a good place to start but the book is even better.