My little girl or "Pokey" as we call her is just that. She is Pokey. Everything she does, she takes her time. She is just not interested in learning her ABC's. I have been working with her and she still only knows 11 out of the 26 letters. I have to admit though she does write them a lot better than Paige ever did at her age. She has a lisp that we have been working on also, but she gets bored easily. I hope she grows out of this because she is so smart, she just doesn't have the motivation. I made chore charts and had rewards set up for if they got so may X'd off. Do you think she did it? NO. And when Paige got hers Katie was upset. So I thought, "tonight she will surely do her chores." Did she? NO. She has been my most difficult child. She still is getting in to everything when I am not in the room. To make matters worse she is bigger now and can reach more things. She has taught Joey so many of her bad habits that any time I leave them in a room they get into everything. I love her to pieces, but I hope she grows out of this soon.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Katherine
My little girl or "Pokey" as we call her is just that. She is Pokey. Everything she does, she takes her time. She is just not interested in learning her ABC's. I have been working with her and she still only knows 11 out of the 26 letters. I have to admit though she does write them a lot better than Paige ever did at her age. She has a lisp that we have been working on also, but she gets bored easily. I hope she grows out of this because she is so smart, she just doesn't have the motivation. I made chore charts and had rewards set up for if they got so may X'd off. Do you think she did it? NO. And when Paige got hers Katie was upset. So I thought, "tonight she will surely do her chores." Did she? NO. She has been my most difficult child. She still is getting in to everything when I am not in the room. To make matters worse she is bigger now and can reach more things. She has taught Joey so many of her bad habits that any time I leave them in a room they get into everything. I love her to pieces, but I hope she grows out of this soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lol. Good luck with that girl. She is a serious sweetheart, even if she is stubborn. I understand stubborn, I really do.
Post a Comment